Thursday, May 2, 2013

Challenge 11

For Challenge 10, I used a lesson plan that I found on ALEX.  This particular website provides all of the standards that are set in place by the state.  I did not need to realign the standards.  I do think however, I need to "learn by doing."  I think that I need to actually teach the lesson before I will know if my students will enjoy it or not.  The students will set standards for me that I will need to follow when teaching the lesson again.  Teaching is all about reflection.  Reflecting on what has been done helps teachers to grow.  From the first time, a teacher teaches a lesson they should be thinking about ways that the lesson could go better.  That may mean changing the order in which the lesson is taught or even being a little more prepared.  Every time the lesson is taught it should become better as the teacher becomes more comfortable and experienced with the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment